Friday, July 3, 2009

Ahhh...Holiday weekends just rock.

Man o man...let me begin with my journey to the Secretary of State Thursday morning. I was on top of things...had a babysitter so I was out the door at 8:30 AM ready to be there when the door opened to renew my license and plates. Well...when I left the house after getting out of the shower with wet hair and ZERO makeup...I wasn't thinking about the lovely picture that they would be taking and would be on my newly renewed license when it arrives in two weeks. Joy. The lady kindly told me that if I wanted a new picture I could come back after I got the license and they would retake it for free. Thanks lady. Boo.

On to Wal Mart I go (to get the price adjustment on the tent we bought last week that went down $20)...I did call to make sure the children hadn't tortured the babysitter toooo much by this point. At MY Wal Mart the price hadn't changed. Boo. I hate Wal Mart. Go to the good store across the street (Target) to do some shopping. I heart Target. Heart, heart heart.

At home I find everyone in good spirits which is nice...and I find that my new coffee machine has arrived in the mail! Yay for me! So excited! So I get everyone to bed for naps and a relax (Maddie's version of a nap where she lays on my bed and watches cartoons) and pull my new Melitta (Melitta is another heart) One out of it's box and try to fire it up...long story short- it is DEFECTIVE. Boo. But the company is nice enough to ship a new one to me no questions asked really, so that's a plus.

On my way to BunCo I stop at another Wal Mart. The nice lady at the service desk (Ha freaking Ha) tells me I can't get the price adjustment because I would have had to do it withing seven days...which would have been July 1st. The day before. I hate Wal Mart. So I decide to go buy the tent there and return it with the older receipt. Ha Wal Mart, eat my scam. But luckily before I check out I check the price and it's still $78! BOO! My friend who told me about the price change and getting her price adjustment was on crack...she must have been. Boo on Wal Mart! Boo on Rhonda!

So, on to BunCo...where we had a substitute for one of our absent ladies. Substitute= douche bag. DOUCHEEEEEEEEEEE BAGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I actually got in her junk at one point. Boo on douche bag subs. But I did win the BunCo prize which was a new camping chair...which we were going to buy anyway...so that is a yay!

Yes...the day yesterday was quite a stinker. To top it all off I think I am developing a case of mastitis which sucks really bad. I hate boobs. They cause to much pain- weather it be a little pain, or a big pain in the case of a wonderful woman I love. Boo on boobs.

But today, tomorrow and Sunday are new days. Time to get ready for camp, go to camp with my besties and to celebrate my one year from thirty birthday on Sunday!

We hope everyone has a great holiday...good food, good people and good times! Happy Independence Day everyone!

No comments: